Thursday, January 10, 2008

Even Hobbits Get Cold Feet

Mr. Hipp's feet are rather hobbit-like: often bare, impervious to the cold, and fuzzy.

He doesn't own a pair of house slippers. He doesn't need them. When his feet get cold (which is rarely), he wears thin cotton anklets.

So when I was fiddling around with a felt slipper project for myself this weekend*, I was surprised to hear that he wouldn't mind if I made a pair for him some day.

FeltSlippers 013

Lucky man, the ones I made ended up too big for me. So I popped them onto the hobbit feet and they fit perfectly...and he likes them! He's been wearing them all week. He's even wearing them right now -- with shorts, so he doesn't get too hot. :)

If you want to see the step-by-step process of how I made these slippers, start at this photo on my Flickr site and click on the next photo in the set until you reach the photo above. These slippers were super easy to make and you don't even need a pattern.

* My feet are always cold and therefore always covered. I already own two pairs of nice house slippers, but I have TONS of felt and got the urge to use some of it up already.

2 comments:

Lolly said...

How cool! they fit him so well too!

Anonymous said...

Oohhh...nicely done!